Bromley, England, United KingdomSoftware & QA
We’re looking for a talented UI/UX designer to help build and nurture a culture where creativity and innovation succeed.
We are based in Bromley, Kent but are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, and also offer opportunity to be fully remote for this role
As a Bromcom UI UX Designer, you will be responsible for working collaboratively within a cross-functional team (UX designers, UX researchers, UI designers, UX copywriters, product owners, solution architects, BAs and developers). You’ll help craft first-class online interfaces for our customers across our digital products. Working with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds, you’ll guide them through an approach to create design concepts at various stages in the design process.
You’ll create consistent, predictable, and trustworthy UI for our mobile and web products. Your designs will be both inclusive and accessible, and you’ll ensure that design quality is at its highest. You’ll be involved in creating the design system that all Product Design teams, Engineers, and Product Owners use to design and develop at Bromcom. You'll create digital experiences loved by customers and internal users.
The core responsibilities of an internal design team should be governance and guidance—You’ll approach problems holistically, ensuring your designs work at an individual product level and as part of a unified system. Using your exceptional communication and collaboration skills, you’ll work closely with engineers and product owners to guide the development of UI and support designers in other product teams in adopting and improving the system. You’ll document system foundations and component information and outline contribution and delivery processes.
Bromcom is creating a culture of collaboration, support, and creativity. You are an advocate for simple, elegant, and accessible design. Your expertise positions you perfectly as a mentor to other designers and helps team members across the business learn.
What will you be doing?
- Consolidating the UI direction across an ecosystem of products
- Creating simple, beautiful UI that our users love
- Creating a unified and cohesive set of UX, visual and system guidelines for all of Bromcom's customer-facing and internal products across responsive web and mobile apps
- Working closely with engineering and product to plan strategically and define the future of the design system
- Using data and user insight to inform your work
- Validating concepts by creating and testing high-quality prototypes—User feedback is an essential part of our design process; we learn and iterate as we go
- Thinking big and exploring new ideas that will inspire the team, then working iteratively towards your vision
- Helping elevate the status of design within the business—We have big plans for the design team, and you’ll have a key role in helping with design strategy and improving our community of practice
What we’re looking for
We’re always on the lookout for talented designers so if you don’t have all the skills listed below but you feel that you can still have a positive impact at Bromcom, feel free to apply.
- 3+ years of experience doing visual/UI design for web, desktop, or mobile applications
- Experience working on design systems
- Highly proficient working in current design and prototyping tools, like Figma
- Exceptional visual design skills
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites
- Experience designing experiences across a range of devices – desktop, phone, tablet
- A solid portfolio demonstrating recent work experience, deliverables, and outcomes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, so that you confidently present to all levels within the organization
Skills that will help you in the role
- You’re a thoughtful, empathetic, and experienced designer, with broad skillset spanning UX and UI Design
- You put the customer first
- You articulate ideas and solutions clearly and concisely
- You work collaboratively with a low-ego team and stakeholders
- You want to help shape and nurture a growing design practice and discipline
- You obsess over detail but also think holistically, zooming out to think of the bigger picture
- Knowledge of the Education sector is advantageous
Bromcom is an equal opportunities employer