Bromley, England, United KingdomSoftware & QA
- Work within the development team reporting to the Software Manager.
- Responsible for design, development and management of high quality, efficient and effective solutions in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL and related tools to support and extend various large-scale data migration projects.
- Provide database performance-tuning expertise for internal and third-party systems in SQL Server.
- Provide technical knowhow on projects and work with third parties to understand how their software works to support data migration.
- Responsibilities will include designing, developing, and maintaining appropriately scaled, effective solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL and related tools.
- Defining technical requirements, working with non-technical members of the Data Migration Team.
- The role requires you to manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
- Demonstrating a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation. Working within project timelines and requirements. Being able to organise own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have substantial experience of SQL programming and an excellent knowledge of the techniques and the functionality and capabilities of MS SQL Server 2014 and above.
- A strong background in data modelling, data management and data manipulation, code management and version control (GIT) is also important, as is having good attention to detail.
- Capable of working through problems independently and liaising with team members to find quality solutions.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory (ADF) would be a bonus.
Your job will involve
- Writing complex scripts for data manipulation and management report generation
- Export/Import of data
- Data conversion/migration
- Database object creation (Functions, Stored Procedures, Tables, etc)
- Performance tuning of new and existing code
- Analyse SQL code for potential flaws
- Optimization and maintenance of existing products
- Problem solving for actual customer data
- 3+ years of SQL Developer experience and administrating/supporting MS SQL Server Database infrastructures in large-scale environment
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and documentation skills
- Reasonable understanding of OS and Infrastructure / Network layer
- Experience of querying API end points (SOAP, REST)
- Good to have basic experience with programming (ASP.NET, XML, HTML, C#)
Bromcom is an equal opportunities employer
Apply with Indeed unavailable