SQL & API Developer
Work within the development team reporting to the Software Manager.
- Responsible for design, development and management of high quality, efficient and effective solutions in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL and related tools to support a number of large-scale data migration projects.
- Provide database performance-tuning expertise for internal and third party systems in SQL Server.
- Provide technical knowhow on projects and work with third parties to understand how their software works to support data migration.
- The ideal candidate will have substantial experience of SQL programming and an excellent knowledge of the techniques and the functionality and capabilities of MS SQL Server 2012 and above.
- You should have good experience of large-scale data migration projects with multiple data sources.
- A strong background in data modelling, data management and data manipulation, code management and version control is also important, as is having good attention to detail.
- Have a good knowledge on C# and ASP.net Programming
- Have a good knowledge with REST APIs
Responsibilities will include defining technical requirements, working with non-technical members of the Data Migration Team and Identifying and solving performance bottlenecks in SQL Server platforms.
- You will design, develop and maintain appropriately-scaled, effective solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL and related tools.
- The role requires you to manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
- Demonstrating a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation. Working within project timelines and requirements. Being able to organise own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule.
- Lead the development effort of web services, Design and develop SOAP based Web services, Develop XML schema designs
- Clear understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL