Senior UX/UI Designer
Bromcom is the market leader of School Cloud MIS and Finance throughout the UK. We are currently in a high growth phase, making this an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our team. We are looking for an experienced and creative UI/UX Designer to join our team!
As a UI-UX Designer, you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty. Areas of focus may include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, branding and customer/technical support.
You will be designing ideas using various methods and the latest technology. You will be designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, forms, and widgets.
Need to have
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a UI/UX Designer or a similar role
- Have demonstrable years’ experience in UI/UX with a strong portfolio. Also, the ability to rapidly prototype straight into high fidelity (Portfolio demonstrating a range of prototyping projects as well as visual design)
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Adobe XD, Figma, Prototyping tools (Creative Cloud - illustrator, photoshop would be a plus)
- Be able to produce multiple concepts and prototypes - knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Ability to explain your thoughts on usability, engagement, business/user needs and effectiveness and help grow the skillsets of other designers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong grasp of design decisions across multiple platforms and screen sizes
- A user-first approach to design thinking
Nice to have
- Experience planning and conducting user research. Develop and conduct user research and testing to gather qualitative data for design decisions
- Experience in communication design and information architecture
- Experience in graphic design, illustration, writing user stories and producing product requirements
What You Do
- Simplify and distil complex business processes into intuitive product experiences
- Identify opportunities to think differently about the status quo on customer experiences, based on customer research, best practices and design thinking
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas using process flows, prototypes, wireframes, and higher-fidelity designs to effectively communicate design strategies and product flows
- Participate in the discovery and planning of new products and features while helping drive the design vision across our product suite
- Use diverse inputs —e.g., product leadership, market analysis, customer feedback, metrics and usability findings — to identify and define new concepts and solutions to customer problems
- Build experiences and review finished interfaces throughout the development lifecycle, maintaining a high bar for design and execution
- Help improve and maintain design patterns and systems
- Work closely and collaboratively with Product, Engineering and Marketing to understand user goals and business goals to create design deliverables that best suit the needs
- Maintain and represent the Bromcom brand at a high standard through design guidelines, marketing material, etc.
Why Bromcom UX/UI Team
- Dynamic and exciting scale-up environment - you won’t be a small cog in a big machine.
- We’re building an amazing product that is revolutionizing in-store consumer experiences
- We love working with state-of-the-art technologies and learning cool stuff
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- We’re committed to providing individuals with personal and professional growth.
- We’re always open to hear new ideas.