United Kingdom, Kent, BromleySoftware & QA
Bromcom provide integrated Cloud based solutions for Schools, including MIS, Finance, Consolidated Reporting and Analytics. With over 30 years in the education sector and over 1,000,000 users in the UK, we are currently in a rapid growth phase and seeking to expand our team. We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Manager to come in add value to a growing organisation based in Bromley. The successful candidate will have experience managing a team both offshore and remotely. We are looking for someone that thrives in working in a collaborative environment, remaining open minded and flexible to different situations.
- Quality Assurance management experience across a variety of different projects.
- Be a strong leader with experience in best practice Quality Assurance strategies, processes, tools and techniques.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Experience managing testing teams, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Flexible with the ability to and work under pressure.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator, influencing skills and negotiation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organization.
- Providing leadership
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- The ability to prioritize work and tasks under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Support the Head of QA in shaping the QA department strategy, approach and development of QA personnel.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for the test automation projects, mentor, and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training and performance evaluation of QA personnel.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the scrum teams, including automation team adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Supporting the building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Work closely with the scrum master and monitoring of all the QA activities and test results within scrum teams and automation team to ensure timely completion of testing activities to the highest standards.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Support training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Work with Head of QA, development manager and the CTO to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
Bromcom is an equal opportunities employer