United Kingdom, , BromleySoftware & QA
Bromcom provide integrated Cloud based solutions for Schools, including MIS, Finance, Consolidated Reporting and Analytics. With over 30 years in the education sector and over 1,000,000 users in the UK, we are currently in a rapid growth phase and seeking to expand our team. We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Lead to come in add value to a growing organisation based in Bromley. The successful candidate will have experience as a QA Lead in an agile scrum team comprising of several developers and QAs. We are looking for someone that thrives in working in a collaborative environment, remaining open minded and flexible to different situations.
- Strong Quality Assurance experience using a variety of best practice testing techniques across a variety of different projects.
- Be a passionate advocate for the QA department with experience in working with best practice Quality Assurance strategies, processes, tools and techniques.
- Have strong technical and Quality Assurance skills in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA processes are understood and implemented correctly.
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Able to monitor, support and coach junior members of the QA team in their day-to-day activities.
- Flexible with the ability to and work under pressure.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator with managers, scrum master and scrum team members. Able to support the development of scrum team into a self-managing team.
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- The ability to prioritise work and tasks under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Support the Head of QA and QA Manager in shaping the QA department strategy, approach and development of QA personnel.
- Provide support, guidance, training, and mentorship to junior members of the QA team.
- Work closely with the scrum master to monitor QA activities and test results within your scrum team to ensure timely completion of testing activities to the highest standards.
- Lead by example, influence and develop scrum team members in effective communication, timely completion of tasks and quality standards to achieve successful sprints
- Provide technical and product expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring members of the scrum team adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Take a lead role in all scrum ceremonies, specifically refinement and planning meetings, stand ups sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Conduct test plan reviews for all QA members of the scrum team alongside the product owner to ensure suitable test coverage for all PBIs within sprint
- Take a lead in self and QA team development to support the scrum team to become a self-managing team with adequate product knowledge for all areas within scope for the team.
- Be an escalation point for junior members of the team, support them in identifying blockers or impediments to team progress and communicate effectively with the scrum master and development lead of overcome team challenges
- Supporting the building and maintenance of quality standards, processes, and reusable/regression test plans.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools, processes, and techniques to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort.
Bromcom is an equal opportunities employer.