Lead UI/UX Designer
The Lead UI/UX Designer must be a great leader with the ability to maximize the talents of the teams. Doing so means being a coach, an instructor, a team leader and a critic all at once. The Lead UI/UX Designer work with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Technical Author, and other Marketers on a regular basis to ensure the full experience of the UI/UX of the website, web application or mobile application is being taken care of.
- Maintain ownership of the product vision and roadmap and improving the product development process. Lead the team in expanding mastery of the business goals of each design request and pushing back on stakeholders with innovative UX/UI proposals.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design.
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks, working on a framework for judging the success or failure of the product, prioritising feature development and structuring product failures.
- Empower and mentor designers in the team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team.
- Lead design strategy activities to understand user needs & business opportunities, uncover business/user needs, generate potential solutions, craft a holistic vision for the end-to-end product and develop roadmaps for achieving that future.
- Maintain and further build design team workflows that ensure that all designs delivered are in line with style guides and are of high quality standards.
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on a timely manner.
- Highly communicative and responsive both within the team and to stakeholders across the company while managing a large volume of ongoing projects.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a UI/UX designer and/or manager in a cross-functional UI/UX team, dedicated to the complete UI/UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and mobile applications.
- Deep understanding of the iOS and Android platforms and experience designing and launching products for both.
- Proven success designing and optimizing high-quality product experiences for a variety of platforms including desktop, web and mobile. Experience in B2B platforms is an advantage.
- Mastery of UX interaction and design principles and deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, design patterns and annotated comps.
- Architect system wide design solutions that satisfy both product and engineering requirements.
- Experience managing a team of UI/UX designers. Ability to communicate with different departments of a multi-national and dynamic company
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic.