Head of Products
Bromcom provide integrated Cloud based solutions for Schools, including MIS, Finance, Consolidated Reporting and Analytics. With over 30 years in the education sector and over 1,000,000 users in the UK, we are currently in a rapid growth phase and seeking to expand our team.
We are looking for a Head of Product & Development to deliver our next generation of products. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this senior leadership role will drive the productization of our unique research, content, and data, ensuring maximum value is released into our target markets.
The Head of Product will be responsible for defining and delivering long-term product strategies as well as leading the continued adoption of product-centric thinking and ways of working across the organisation. This will include building relationships with internal teams to bring products to market that are born out of our unique research, testing and development.
This senior leadership role is an excellent opportunity for a strong collaborator, excited by the prospect of productising world leading research and having their voice heard within an influential organisation. The successful candidate will have substantial experience delivering data-centric products and will have established products through times of technological change.
As Head of Products, your responsibilities will involve:
As Head of Products:
- Strategic planning and management of the entire product portfolio and including new products that are derived from Company’s market and growth strategy. The latter will be result of Company Review meetings.
- Establishing product-centric thinking and ways of working across the organisation
- Providing business case, budget and an identified development partner (see below) as critical element of new developments. A clear account of journey for the product development in agile process, UAT and clear understanding how the ‘success look like’ and plans to monitor progress toward this and indeed verifying that success has been realised as predicted.
- Championing products through regular User Group Panels within user community as well as with the Company and making sure the products are championed internal staff. Maintaining up-to-date product roadmaps, ensuring expectations are managed and are aligned to available budgets and development capacity
- Staying ahead of market trends, working closely with Sales and Customer Services departments to develop product propositions
- Maintaining an up-to-date analysis of product performance metrics to ensure product performance data is informing strategy and furthering commercial collaborations. Maintaining clear usage profile of products and product features from tools that extract intelligence on usage and also satisfaction through CSAT and NPS electronic surveys. Lead a product management team in which you motivate and achieve steady improvements in your area
- Driving agile and best practice product development processes
- Line management and mentoring a team of product owners (presently 4 Product Owners and 1 Senior / Deputy Head)
- Attending strategic and operational Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings
As Head of Development Partner Management:
- Maintaining first class working relationship with the strategic Development Panel Member customers.
- Signing and maintaining a formal Development Partnership Agreements and secure win-win as key policy and as a way of Panel Members buying into the Partnership Agreement and its on going commitment in terms of time and input.
- Demonstrate clarity as to expectation and what “success look like” and ensure that this is traced during the development to the end and demonstrating to Panel Member the benefits received,
- Arrange Case Study / “In Conversation With …” write ups to publicise the success and as a way of encouragement for other future partners.
As Head of Product and Partner Management, your skills and experience will include:
- Track record of delivering intuitive, user friendly and high-quality products
- Experience and good understanding of Agile Developments and working practices
- Extensive experience as a Product Owner in substantial size SaaS product and processes involved
- Experience in managing it Product Owners
- Experience delivering change in environments where influence and collaboration are key
- Track record in developing innovative and compelling customer propositions that create value
- Experience in developing strategic plans involving the setting and monitoring of operational and performance KPIs
- Experience demonstrating and promoting best practice use of product development processes
- First class networking and relationship management
- Solid managerial and mentoring experience
- Experience working within the education sector would be advantageous.
What we’re looking for in you:
Your ability to encourage collaboration and innovation enables your team to work efficiently whilst delivering innovative customer propositions. You have excellent coaching skills and can manage a high performing team. You professionally manage a range of stakeholders and can communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
The Company has ambitious plans to to continue expand its portfolio in line with developing MAT and LA market and capture opportunities as emerge. You will need to be proactive and constantly keep in the outlook for such opportunities. Therefore true passion for innovation and technology is a must.
Your networking skills and experience will need to be applied in context if building Development Partnership Panel of major users and lead the way forward in successful UAT, rollout and indeed case studies as testimony of success stories.
As an organisation that believes a strong set of Values are key to our organisational success and a sense of belonging for all colleagues, we ask that you understand, represent, and apply our Values of fearless, inquisitive, resourceful, supportive, and trusted and demonstrate these Values throughout the recruitment and selection process.