In this position your role will involve managing a range of in-house legal and commercial work in an IT company that develops and supplies educational hardware and software. This full-time position requires a person, preferably a Law graduate, being able to deal with company legal matters (not HR) as well as commercial and contracts work. The candidate will become the coordinator and will be the 'contact' point for any solicitors that the company decides to engage. Our customer base consists almost exclusively of schools and colleges, as well as Mutli-Academy Trusts [MATs] and Local Authorities [LAs] The main issues that are dealt with are within the Competition Act and Public Procurement Rules and Intellectual Property [IP], Commercial Litigation that require support via the company’s lawyers specialist in competition/public procurement rules/commercial litigation. The level of support needed in this area varies.
Primary Job Functions
In your capacity as a commercial and legal affairs coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
· Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal documents
· Liaising with and assisting external solicitors and counsel
· Analysing and providing input on technical documentation
· Legal research
· Drafting commercial contracts
· Drafting Terms and Conditions
· Negotiating with clients and business partners
· Supervising tendering processes
· Accounts receivable
· Collation and preparation of legal files
· Proving input into management briefings
· Legal administration
· Working closely with the sales department to monitor business concern
Required Skill Set
· Good knowledge of Intellectual Property, IT, Commercial, Company, Competition Law,
and Professional Negligence Law.
· A background in IT or other technical specialism would be an advantage.
· Excellent drafting and writing skills
· Good communication skills · Excellent time management skills · LLB/GDL and LPC/BVC obtained · Previous experience as a paralegal undertaking IP/Commercial work would be an advantage