Bid Team Education Consultant
Bromley, England, United KingdomSales & Marketing
As an Educational Consultant within the Bid Team, your role will be pivotal in securing contracts and aiding pre-sales activities, leveraging your expertise in education. You’ll be part of a team that includes fellow educationalists, working together to achieve our goals.
Our Bid Team typically manages one to five active tenders simultaneously. When time allows, the team also contributes to various other company activities, including sales, product design, and customer support.
Your responsibilities will include crafting high-quality responses that showcase our understanding of the contracting authorities’ needs and how Bromcom’s products and services can best meet these needs. Collaboration is key in this role, as you’ll be working closely within the Bid Team and other internal teams, and occasionally liaising with external partners.
As an Educational Consultant, your insights into educational initiatives will be invaluable. You’ll be expected to advise on and write about how Bromcom’s products and services can enhance the effectiveness of these initiatives. Your expertise will help shape our offerings and ensure they remain relevant and beneficial to the educational community.
Assist the Bid Team in responding to opportunities, from early market engagement to contract finalisation.
- Writing and proofreading bids
- Enhancing the quality of our proposals
- Delivering presentations as a subject matter expert
- Demonstrating or assisting in the demonstration of software products
- Develop expertise in Bromcom’s Management Information System (MIS)
- Monitor competitors to stay ahead in the market
- Stay updated with the latest developments in education. To support this, you will be provided with a license to access the National College
- Provide valuable advice on educational initiatives and how Bromcom’s products can enhance their effectiveness
Essential Skill requirements:
- Worked at a senior level in UK state funded schools
- Exceptional standard of written and verbal English
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience as a regular user of a school Management Information System
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent literacy and numeric skills
- Flexibility on hours
- Delivering quality to tight deadlines
Desirable Skill requirements:
One or more of the following would be an advantage
- Worked as a Headteacher
- Worked as an OFSTED inspector
- Experience helping with school improvement
- Experience as a regular user of a school/trust Financial Management System
- Experience in school/trust budget planning
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
- Customer relationship skills
- Experience as a technical author
- Experience using Dynamics 365
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Focused and responsive
- Takes initiative
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Passionate about quality
- Head of Office or home working considered
- You are expected to attend the Bromcom offices and customer/prospect premises on occasion in connection with this role.
Bromcom is an equal opportunities employer.