Azure Devops Platform Engineer
Bromley, England, United KingdomSoftware & QA
Job Description: The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining Azure DevOps environment that hosts our internal and external facing web applications. You will be working alongside a team of experienced developers to build highly performing systems that improve efficiency. Our Teams use Agile Methodology and follow Scrum and Kanban Frameworks. We are a native Azure cloud hosted SaaS provider so this role will require extensive hands-on knowledge of Azure estate with a strong background in native Azure Devops CI/CD pipeline experience.
- Imagine, architect, develop, and optimize CI and CD systems for our cloud applications.
- Optimizing the pipelines to optimize build and release times.
- Setting up Azure resources like Webapps, VMs, storage accounts et al.
- Monitor our Azure resources performance daily using monitoring tools like NewRelic etc.
- Load balancing/performance optimization.
- Set up of Azure Messaging applications (Event Hub, Azure Queues)
- Docker, containers, and registry updates.
- Setup and maintenance of our BCDR (Business continuity and Disaster Recovery) using the Azure platform.
Essential Skills and Background:
- 5+ years experience in Azure DevOps, and Azure estate
- Expert level hands on background with CI/CD, builds and releases pipelines.
- Powershell scripting
- Knowledge of ARM templates, Azure jobs and automation.
- Must know various BCDR (Business continuity and Disaster Recovery) options in Azure including configuration of DNS, firewalls, backup & restore of VMs, WebApps, and Microsoft SQL databases etc.
- We monitor using both native Azure tools and via third party tools like NewRelic (especially APM for Server performance). Hands on Knowledge of either NewRelic or other third party tools would be very useful for this role.
- Knowledge of best practices for Cyber security in cloud
- AZ-400 or relevant Microsoft Certification in Azure Devops. For those who are not already certified we would require that the candidate works towards acquiring it during the first year of service with the company.
- Sense of ownership and pride in delivery.
Desirables (nice to haves):
- Familiarity with Microsoft.NET technologies preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience with code branching techniques and best practices
Location: We have a hybrid working environment. Initially in the first few months of this role you would be required to come regularly to our office located in Bromley. This would help you build relationships with our team and help make your own job easier. Post probation ideally we would prefer for this role to be a hybrid role requiring 2 days in the office. Please kindly note that you must be either located in the UK or be willing to relocate to UK to be eligible to apply for this role.
Diversity & Culture: We are diverse team with our members coming from a wide range of backgrounds. Our team is also fun loving and we organize regular company wide fun events.
Bromcom is an equal opportunities employer