Accounts Assistant - Trainee
United Kingdom, , BromleyFinance
Bromcom provide integrated Cloud based solutions for Schools, including MIS, Finance, Consolidated Reporting and Analytics. With over 30 years in the education sector and over 1,000,000 users in the UK, we are currently in a rapid growth phase and actively seeking a Accounts Assistant to join our expanding team.
- General cover duties within the department.
- Dealing with day-to-day queries/departmental issues.
- Answering telephone calls.
- Opening daily post.
- Supplier invoices log onto Accounting System.
- Match invoices to orders and code to appropriate nominal account and cost centre.
- Authorisation of supplier invoices and input onto Accounting System.
- Posting supplier invoices to Purchase ledger once signed off internally by Managers.
- Manage weekly payment run: submit to Account Manager suggested list of payments on a weekly basis.
- Once supplier payment list approved, make payment via online bank transfer.
- Reconcile supplier statements and deal with disputed accounts.
- Process staff expenses.
- Purchase ledger account maintenance (set up new accounts, change of details)
- Payment enquiries
- Follow up disputed invoices with internal staff and suppliers
- Input Sales Orders onto System
- Raise invoices when orders are received.
- Sales Ledger month end close down
- Sales order control management
- Opening new accounts (allocating site ID’s)
- Writing up paying in book if cheques are received.
- Posting receipts (cheques and BACS) to the Sales Ledger / Cashbook
- Notifying internal staff of payments received.
- Process requests for refunds due to credit account balances or overpayments
- Processing credit requisition forms and re-issuing invoices as requested once authorised by Manager
- Sales ledger account maintenance (change of address or contact details)
Cash Book & other payments
- Process business expense claim forms for payment
- Enter payments onto Petty Cash spreadsheet
- Petty cash reconciliation and month end
- Follow up with customers once SAAS invoices have been sent out.
- Follow up with customer once large invoices have been sent out.
- Chase customers for outstanding invoices.
- Send monthly statements to customers.
- Pass on any disputed to Customer Care or Legal department.
- Follow up any disputed invoices with internal departments.
- Accuracy of timing receipt of payment
Monthly Maintenance Renewals
- Prepare monthly maintenance costing sheets using Dynamics and Accounts schedule.
- Check for new sites to be added to list.
- Make necessary amendments if needed.
- Send out invoices and maintenance costing sheets on time.
- Analyse weekly payments and prepare remittance report to be sent to schools
- Analyse and reconcile VAT account & submit VAT returns quarterly.
Ad hoc Duties
- Hotel/travel bookings for internal staff
- Sundry/stationary orders
- Company car fleet administration
- Administrative work relating to company and car insurances
- Process timesheets and mileage forms monthly for payroll
- Any other Ad hoc admin duties
Expected qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Accounting & Finance
- Qualified or Part-qualified in AAT, ACCA or CIMA
- IT literate and proficient in use of Office products
- Experience in using Sage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-learner
- Able to prioritise workload
Bromcom is an Equal Opportunities Employer