Accounts Assistant (Part Time)
United Kingdom, , BromleyAdmin & HR
Bromcom provide integrated Cloud based solutions for Schools, including MIS, Finance, Consolidated Reporting and Analytics. With over 30 years in the education sector and over 1,000,000 users in the UK, we are currently in a rapid growth phase and actively seeking a Accounts Assistant to join our expanding team.
- General cover duties within the department.
- Assisting with day-to-day queries/departmental issues.
- Answering telephone calls.
- Opening daily post.
- Supplier invoices log onto Accounting System.
- Match invoices to orders and code to appropriate nominal account and cost centre.
- Authorisation of supplier invoices and input onto Accounting System.
- Posting supplier invoices to Purchase ledger once signed off internally by Managers.
- Manage weekly payment run: submit to Account Manager suggested list of payments on a weekly basis.
- Once supplier payment list approved, make payment via online bank transfer.
- Reconcile supplier statements and deal with disputed accounts.
- Process staff expenses.
- Purchase ledger account maintenance (set up new accounts, change of details)
- Payment enquiries
- Follow up disputed invoices with internal staff and suppliers
- Follow up with customers once SAAS invoices have been sent out.
- Follow up with customer once large invoices have been sent out.
- Chase customers for outstanding invoices.
- Send monthly statements to customers.
- Pass on any disputed to Customer Care or Legal department.
- Follow up any disputed invoices with internal departments.
- Accuracy of timing receipt of payment
Cash Book & other payments
- Process business expense claim forms for payment
- Enter payments onto Petty Cash spreadsheet
- Petty cash reconciliation and month end
Ad hoc Duties
- Hotel/travel bookings for internal staff
- Sundry/stationary orders
- Company car fleet administration
- Administrative work relating to company and car insurances
- Process timesheets and mileage forms monthly for payroll
- Any other Ad hoc admin duties
Expected qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Accounting & Finance
- Qualified or Part-qualified in AAT, ACCA or CIMA desirable
- IT literate and proficient in use of Office products
- Experience in using Sage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-learner
- Able to prioritise workload
Hours 9.00am-3.00pm (Negotiable)
Bromcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer