United Kingdom, , Bromley£24 - £30 per yearFinance
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS A FULL TIME OFFICE BASED ROLE, PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO BROMLEY, KENT
- General cover duties within the department.
- Dealing with day-to-day queries/departmental issues.
- Answering telephone calls.
- Opening daily post.
- Supplier invoices log onto Accounting System.
- Match invoices to orders and code to appropriate nominal account and cost centre.
- Authorisation of supplier invoices and input onto Accounting System.
- Posting supplier invoices to Purchase ledger once signed off internally by Managers.
- Manage weekly payment run: submit to Account Manager suggested list of payments on a weekly basis.
- Once supplier payment list approved, make payment via online bank transfer.
- Reconcile supplier statements and deal with disputed accounts.
- Process staff expenses.
- Purchase ledger account maintenance (set up new accounts, change of details)
- Payment enquiries
- Follow up disputed invoices with internal staff and suppliers
- Input Sales Orders onto System
- Raise invoices when orders are received.
- Sales Ledger month end close down
- Sales order control management
- Opening new accounts (allocating site ID’s)
- Writing up paying in book if cheques are received.
- Posting receipts (cheques and BACS) to the Sales Ledger / Cashbook
- Notifying internal staff of payments received.
- Process requests for refunds due to credit account balances or overpayments
- Processing credit requisition forms and re-issuing invoices as requested once authorised by Manager
- Sales ledger account maintenance (change of address or contact details)
Cash Book & other payments
- Process business expense claim forms for payment
- Enter payments onto Petty Cash spreadsheet
- Petty cash reconciliation and month end
- Follow up with customers once SAAS invoices have been sent out.
- Follow up with customer once large invoices have been sent out.
- Chase customers for outstanding invoices.
- Send monthly statements to customers.
- Pass on any disputed to Customer Care or Legal department.
- Follow up any disputed invoices with internal departments.
- Accuracy of timing receipt of payment
Monthly SAAS Renewals
- Prepare monthly SAAS renewals using Dynamics and Accounts schedules.
- Check for new sites to be added to list.
- Make necessary amendments if needed.
- Send out SAAS invoices on time.
- Analyse weekly payments and prepare remittance report to be sent to schools
Ad hoc Duties
- Hotel/travel bookings for internal staff
- Sundry/stationery orders
- Company car fleet administration
- Administrative work relating to company and car insurances
- Process timesheets and mileage forms monthly for payroll
- Any other Ad hoc admin duties
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Accounting & Finance or Qualified or Part-qualified in AAT, ACCA or CIMA
- IT literate and proficient in use of Office products
- Proficiency in Excel is essential
- Experience in using Sage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic and self-learner
- Able to prioritise workload